Re: [LI] Star office 5.0 with RH6.1

Hi Gandhi,

I had installed SO 5.0 on RH 6.1. But now I have got SO 5.1 which is working
fine on RH 6.1 except that it is slow when you star SO.

You will have to first  install SO 5.0 in a sharable directory from root. Run
setup script. I have installed  it in /usr/local/Office51 directory. At first
it will give you prompt that some libraries are not found do you want to
continue. I said 'y' at this prompt and SO 5.0 installed without any hiccups.

After the root installation run the setup script from /usr/local/Office51/bin
directory from your user login and install around 2-3MB stuff in your home
directory ( in my case it was /home/rajesh/Office51 ). After completing this
installation you will have to set the path to $HOME/Office51/bin in .profile.

Now you are ready to go. I have not used much SO 5.0 hence unable to comment on
if there are any problems during actual use of Individual packages. In my case
all packages started without giving any errors, but  I have not used them.

Hope this helps.

--
Rajesh Fowkar
Kurtarkar Nagari, Bldg-C,