[LI] Solutions For SiSCards in Linux - RHL 6.1

SiS Cards just don't seem to work on Linux.
Well I Have a SiS6215C (well you know - great card)

This is what I did to get it working under RHL 6.1

The file xsis.rpm should be available from S.u.S.E Linux Website ,I suppose.
I got one from PCQ CD.

#rpm -ivh xsis.rpm                  /*Install xsis.rpm */
#Xconfigurator
   ( Choose SIS86C205 or SIS86C201 -Doesn't matter )
#cd /etc/X11/
#rm X
#ln -s ../../usr/X11R6/bin/XSuSE_SiS X
#vi XF86Config

Go to the section
Section "Device"
Add a line
    Chipset "sis86c205"                   /*For SiS6215C users*/

or
    Chipset "sis6326"                       /*For SiS 6326 users*/

Note I have not tried this option ( i.e. SIS6326),hence you can't hold me
responsible for anything.
Try Starting X with
#startx

Note :
    (i) If your mouse pointer appears as a big square ( or rectangle ) ,
then add the line
         Option "no_bitblt"
          just under the Chipset line.
          I think SiS6215 should be working now.
   (ii) For SiS6326 users try out the options
            Option "no_accel"
            Option "fifo_moderate"
          if nothing seems to work.

    To all the SiS Card experts out there.If You Find any mistakes in my
mail or you have
    better ideas sent them.Remember many Indians use SIS Cards.

        --Mahendra M
           RV College of Engineering , Bangalore