Re: [LI] Linux boot to in GUI mode

I hope no drastic changes have been made to RH 6.01. Edit your /etc/inittab file
and check the defaultrunlevel. It must be 5, represented by a line

id:5:initdefault:

Change 5 to 3.

Hope this helps,

- Gaurav

"sandeep mehta" <sandeep.mehta@xxxxxxxxxxxx> on 11/16/99 04:59:10 PM

Please respond to linux-india@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To:   "Linux usr grp" <linux-india@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc:    (bcc: Gaurav Sabharwal/HSS)

Subject:  [LI] Linux boot to in GUI mode

Hi

I have installed linux 6.01 from PC Quest Nov'99 CD , but it starts X
windows every time I boot ,
I want to start in Text mode . Please tell me what entry should I edit in
inittab

Regards
Sandeep