[LI] Re: Wine

>Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 10:52:52 +0530
>From: Rohit <rohits@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: [LI] Re Win on Linux
>
>> Using Wine (From the May 99 PCQ CD- also needs additional libraries from
>> the Net) I have managed to run several M$DOS and Window$ apps from the DOS
>> partition where they reside, without actually installing them in the Linux
>> partition. All the above OSs are supported (allegedly)
>
>Will it be a good idea to install WINE and try to run demanding DOS/WIN
>games
>[DESCENT etc], if the hardware is first class [Riva TNT or Trident 8 MB
>AGP]?
>Any experiences? Have you tested sound etc for the same?

No - actually I haven't tested any games yet (primitive hardware)  - and in
any case my sound is not fully configured yet - it has bugs as I am using
an obscure ISA card. (Also the only games I play are video grabs ;-) )

Thaks for the MPEGTV url Toolz.

        Shivshankar Sastry
      cybersurg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/2839