Re: [LI] Maildrop + fetchmail

Subba Rao wrote:

> Anyone on the list using Maildrop (MDA) with fetchmail?
> I would like to know how you are invoking the Maildrop program?
>
> When I have invoked maildrop, I have explicitly mentioned the
> $HOME/.mailfilter file. It did not work. Guess I am invoking it
> wrong.
>
> Looking for some ideas from some Maildrop users.

Here's a sample .fetchmailrc entry. For more info see 'man fetchmail'.

poll remote_server_name protocol imap:
        localdomains mydomain.com
       username account_name to * here password account_passwd
       mda "/usr/sbin/sendmail -v -f %F %T " ;

Substitute remote_server_name, mydomain.com, account_name & account_passwd with
your own & that should work. This will invoke fetchmail with 'sendmail' as the
MDA for local delivery. You can also configure other mailer program for local
delivery instead of sendmail.

-Sridhar