[LI] Tcpdump and eth0

I have 2 interfaces on my linux system. They are modem and ethernet.
When I use tcpdump to capture info, I cannot get any information
from the ethernet interface. tcpdump just waits and waits.

Here is how, I am invoking tcpdump

$ tcpdump -a -v -l -S -i ppp0   <= works fine
$ tcpdump -a -v -l -S -i eth0   <= No output of any type from my LAN

What am I doing wrong here? Is this anything to do with ppp0 being
the default routing device?

Subba Rao
subb3@xxxxxxx
http://pws.prserv.net/truemax/