Re: [LI] Modem Speed

"Rajeev B.S.Rao" wrote:

>    Can anyone tell me how to check the modem speed (actual line speed and
> not serial port speed) when using minicom or when connected to the net.
> How does one change the MTU MRU settings in linux. Is it required?

Hello dude,

	U can check the connect speed in 2 ways...

1. Use minicom and dial in to your ISP, at the login prompt type '+++'
in quick succession and wait for 'OK'. Type 'ATi2' for the connection
status (Check the modem manual). Type ATO to get back.

2. Set the modem to report the actual connect speed and not the port
speed (default). Again, check the manual for the command.

-- Shanu