Re: [LI] Re: Linux India Digest V1 #327

You bet it is a virus... For those who got infected...the remedy...I got it
from a friend who sent me the virus unknowingly... I was not affected as
this affects only Outlook express users.
================================
Unfortunately we have to inform you, that we had a virus on our system,
which has been deleted now. We got this virus by email. This virus is called
"HAPPY.EXE" and can't be recognized by a virus scan. This virus starts
working as soon as you open this attachment - a lovely firework is shown on
your screen.

We have been succesfully by deleting this virus and want to inform you, how
to clean your system.

1. Delete the email, which includes this attachment.
2. Change to MS/ DOS modus
3. Enter: cd system
4. Enter: dir *.ska
5. Enter: del ska.*
6. Enter: del wsock32.del
7. Enter: ren wsock32.ska wsock32.dll
8. Enter: win      - change back to windows

Regards - Roy