Re: [LI] Time lapse in X.

> Does it still take a long time to come up ? strace.log contains the
> set of system calls X makes. I was expecting it to be relatively
> small - but apparently it isn't.

Yes, it just leaves me staring at the monitor. As I said before, neither
keyboard nor mouse respond. The cursor does not move and I can't even toggle
caps lock or num lock from the keyboard.

> Is X taking consistently 90% of the CPU over the 18 mins
> or is it just a spike ? If it is consistently taking 90% of the CPU,
> then something's got to be wrong. Are you sure that this is not due
> to the machine swapping ? Is Linux seeing all the memory on the machine ?
> (cat /proc/meminfo or free should tell you that).

No, It spikes suddenly from 1% to 16 % to 66% to 93%.
I don't think the machine is swapping because the hdd led on the box doesn't
flash too much.

thanx,

Sharukh.

p.s.: Like I said before, would a re install help ? ( I know it's like
runing away from a fight but....)