[LI] PCQ Nov CD. Problem with X

Hi All,
    I am newbie to Linux. I have the following problem when I tried to
Install Linux. The installation is OK. it didn't autoprobe video card.
I ran "xf86config".
I have SiS6215 video card and comptech monitor. I gave 640x480 resolution
with 16 bit colour depth. When I run startx it gave following out put.

SocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
giving up.
xinit:  Connection refused (errno 111):  unable to connect to X server
xinit:  No such process (errno 3):  Server error.

Could you please identify the problem.
Thanks In Advance,
Sambaiah Kilaru.