Re: [LI] DNS ?

Hi Rajeev,

One of the things that still blows me away about Linux is that it
doesn't need external DNS servers to work. There is a package called
bind which makes your computer a DNS server.

Just install the package (on most dists it is installed by default)
and in your resolve.conf put the line

nameserver 127.0.0.1

Hope this helps
Cyrus

Rajeev B.S.Rao [rajeevr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> Hello,
>    Does the DNS numbers have to be entered into resolv.conf. Can linux
> automatically detect them, the way Windows does?
>
> Rajeev

Cyrus Patel - cyrus@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Dept. of Computer Engineering                           Debian GNU/Linux
University of New South Wales                           (Potato)
Sydney, Australia.