Re: [LI] setting up printer

Hello,
     Thanks for everybody's help. I managed to setup my printer. For those
of you with similar problems can follow this, and for those of you who
think the solution was an extreme, (or silly) feel free to tell me so.

I reconfigured my kernel, to include as a part of it (and not as a module)
parport code (along with the PC-Style). I also included the ieee1284
probing code. I, of course, had to recompile my kernel.

I still have the following problems:
1) I have an epson stylus 400. If I chose Epson Stylus 800 &ESC/2 printer
as a choice (in printtool) I don't get colour printouts. If I chose Epson
stylus color, I get color printouts, but at horrible resolutions.

2) Even the black & white resolution is bad (limited to 360 * 360)
3) I cannot print in economy mode! (I have over 50 pages to print, and
that wretched ink costs!).

4) Does epson produce printer software for Linux?

Rajeev