[LI] Re: [linux-delhi] How to uninstall applications?

    Jeff> ----- Original Message ----- From: Raj Mathur <raju@xxxxxxx>

    Jeff> Yup all the apps I mentioned have their good ol install
    Jeff> scripts! Sheesh! Now I hunt for all these files and rm them!
    Jeff> Oh boy here goes nothing hopefully I shouldn't delete my
    Jeff> /bin directory or something!

That's one of the reasons why I prefer to compile from source whenever
posible and do a "make install 2>&1 | tee
/var/adm/packages/nameofpackage".  That way I know exactly which files
the package has installed.  Of course, that doesn't work for
binary-only packages, but I avoid using those anyway... I don't think
I have any on my system except SO.  Wil scrap that too once Koffice is
ready.

    >>  BTW, did anyone have any issues with upgrading from Chip 6.0
    >> to PCQ 6.1?  I'm going to try it on a live system, and
    >> basically want to know if anyone's upgrade screwed up to the
    >> point where the system became unusable or they lost data.
    >>
    >> -- Raju

    Jeff> Nope no probs infact they've have more apps that you can
    Jeff> install....They have a new app called kudzo I think which
    Jeff> automatically detects new hardware and can help you
    Jeff> configure it. Kewl! Except maybe that internet gateway
    Jeff> script from PCQ in the /etc/rc.fd/rc.fw doesn't work with RH
    Jeff> 6.1 Has some problem with the ipwfadm-wrapper. You have any
    Jeff> suggestions as to how to rectify it because from what I see
    Jeff> I might have to use ipchains and for that I have to RTFM. So
    Jeff> anyone got any suggestions as to what changes I shoudl make
    Jeff> in the script so that I can get my internet gateway up?

Uh, scrap that old ipfwadm-lookalike and use the following:

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
/sbin/ipchains -P forward DENY
/sbin/ipchains -A forward -i ppp0 -j MASQ

-- Raju