Re: [LI] VMware

Jeffrey Yep proclaimed:
> I was wondering whether there is way around making VMware work after the 30
> days trial period besides buying a license which is 2 steep for me right
> now.

Even if I knew of a way to do this (I don't.) I would not give out such
information.  That is software piracy.  Just because you cannot afford
buying a particular book you don't steal it from your friend who bought it.

> It really is a great app but even $100 is 2 much for a student like me.
> Anybody got any bright ideas? ;-)

Your choices:

1. If you fundamentally disagree with the licensing of VMWare and other
commercial s/w you should choose non-restrictive software that are licensed
under GNU.

2. WINE (Still in alpha)

3. Freemware

Thaths
--
"Now, what is a wedding? Well, Webster's Dictionary describes a wedding
       as, 'The process of removing weeds from one's garden.'"