Re: [LI] sblive driver installation procedure ?

Hi There ,

 All the help you need to install the Sblive soundcard is present in the
README file ..Yet as per your request here is a detailed HOWTO to install the
SBlive
card .

1. Go to http://opensource.creative.com/

2. Download the file emu10k1-11041999.tar.gz

3. Login as root :

4. Copy them file to your root directory [ /root ] .

5. Now  to unzip the file ..[ # tar zxvf emu10k1-11041999.tar.gz ]

6. A directory called emu10k1 is created . Change to this directory .

7. While you are in the emu10k1 directory ..issue the make command .[# make]

8. The make command makes the emu10k1.o module .{This file is the module we
need }

Now follow these instructions : I have appended help at places you most need
them .

9. Determine your kernel sound modules installation location
     (usually /lib/modules/2.x.y/misc)
    -> {if your redhat version is 6.1 don't worry about this }

10. Copy the driver to that location as emu10k1.o
     (eg. /lib/modules/2.x.y/misc/emu10k1.o)
    -> { Just copy this file to the directory as above }

11. Unload all existing soundcard drivers, including soundcore

12. Remove all old soundcard references from /etc/conf.modules
     ->{If your conf.modules has any sound drivers mentioned then remove the