[LI] Display problem on RH6.1 (SiS6215c)

Hi,

   I just installed Red Hat 6.1 (KDE Workstation) on my system. My
video card ( SiS 6215c) was automatically detected. However, my monitor
(Samtel SV370) was not detected. So, I have manually entered the horiz.
and vert. freq., etc from the manual. Yet, when I run X, I see black
spaces wherever text is supposed to be.  The rest of the screen (ie.
the toolbar,etc.) is displayed properly. Even window titles r
displayed. But the text inside a window is blacked out.
   Let me know what to do ASAP.

HAPPY DIWALI,
Anoop