Re: [LI] Netscape crashes

Shourya Sarcar wrote:

> The app which crashes most while I am running X is Netscape (4.51)
> Nav/Mess.This is irrespective of whether I am running GNOME or KDE .

Irrespective of the version of Netscape, try these steps among others
not to make Netscape crash:

A.  Install the libc5 package plus the libc5 binaries of xpm, xlib, libg++27.
B.  Run ldconfig after installation and fix the dead symlinks pointed out by hand.
    Redhat is so advanced that on an install of any library package it forgets to
    run ldconfig automatically.  The user is left to his own wits !!
C.  Most of the java routines in Netscape still seem to be dependant on libc5.
D.  Try to convert the Debian wrapper script using 'alien' and use the same to
    install the pre-compiled binaries of Netscape/Communicator.

ragOO, VU2RGU.                         PGP Key 1024/1A747CB1
Fingerprint: 61 CD 0F 96 7A 94 4F F6 F0 42 1B 6D C0 A4 24 CF
--
Keeping the Air-Waves FREE.....Amateur Radio
Keeping the W W W     FREE..Debian GNU/Linu