Re: [LI] Net connection

>     Hi ! I have recently installed redhat 6.1 from the CD-PC Quest and now
> wanted to connect to net using the same OS. It feels very bad that just for
> net surfing i have to come to Winblows 98. But even then there is not a good
> browser available for Linux.
the browser netscape 4.61 coming with RH 6.1 looks stable it just been
three days since i have been using it
lets hope for the best :)

>     The problem is i have a ethernet card also which i use to connect my
> system with the existing network of my hostel based on linux. Now in
> /etc/resolv.conf i have entered
>
> search .
> nameserver 202.54.1.30     (i.e. bom6 ip)

you can give an entry like
search rs.internic.net
nameserver 202.54.1.30
nameserver 202.54.30.1

and you can add more if you have some problems with NS.

>     Now when i dial with Kppp and after giving login and password it comes
> pppd died unexpectiedly. Kindly help me because i have tried most of the
> things i could have.

what is the modem you are using i faced the same problem just changing
the modem speed from 56k to 34k solved my problem and i am using the
same, in RH 6.1 you have options of kppp or RH dialer and try what
suites you .

>     And also tell me where can i find good ICQ client for linux. I mean
> which one should i use among the thousands available.

will get back to you on that

s.goswami