[LI] networking problem (& thanks Sunil ,Sandeep)

hi ,
as you told me I used dmesg. here is the output :
NE*000 ethercard probe 0x300 00 80 48 fc e6 58
eth0 : NE2000 found at 0x300, using IRQ 3
eth0 : Tx timed out,lost interrupt? TSR=0x1, ISR=0x17 , t=650
the last line above is repeated 5 times for different values of ISR and t

Also when I used route add -net default gw (IP_address) I got
the following error :
SIOCADDRT : Network is unreachable
Why , whats wrong?
And yes using /etc/rc.d/init.d/network restart gives the error
route: netmask doesn't match route address
SIOCADDRT : Invalid argument
SIOCADDRT : Network is unreachable
SIOCADDRT : Network is unreachable
Along with this the proper syntax of route command is also shown . Please help.
Rahul