From: "s.goswami" <goswami@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: linux-india@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [LI] Leased-line Modems and linux
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 19:15:02 +0530

its just been three days since i configured my box and the line.it does
not make me an expert in this area but i would like to share the
experience with LUG.

1) we are using RAD modems (ASM31)
2) the router and the modem are connected using 34 pin V.35 female
connector.
3) we have a linux box with 2 NIC's acting as a proxy/caching server.
4) the router is conneted to one of the nic cards with cross over cable.
5) all my users are using 192.168.X.X addresses .
6) few users are using the BOX as gateway also using ipchains.

thanks to prashant of NIIT delhi , Vaibhav patkar for there timely
suggetions which made our job very easy.

thanks and regards
s.goswami