[LI] pppd not using compression? - more queries

Hi,

   I had asked about these messages in the syslog when
I connect to
the net using pppd

modprobe:can't locate module ppp-compress-21, etc.

   Anand replied saying that these are module aliases.
I found the
aliases in the kppp documentation.
	ppp-compress-21=bsd_comp
	ppp-compress-24=ppp_deflate
	ppp-compress-26=ppp_deflate

   I have the following queries

1.The documentation of kppp or in
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/modules.txt
  is not extensive(about aliases) & I would like to
know where I will find
  more details on alias names of modules i.e on the
corresponding names
  of module aliases.

2.I did not find the alias of ppp-compress-1

3.Which program should have put these aliases
originally in
  /etc/conf.modules?

Thank U Anand

=====