Re: [LI] leased line and linux

=> some of the suggestions i got from friends were to assign a private ip
=> to the router ie 192.169.0.1 then point in all the nodes this ip as the
=> gateway , i am unable to figure out who is going to take care of the
=> routing table do i have to do some modifcations on the router or the
=> linux box will forward the traffic to the world.
=>
=> Linux box with two network cards acting as a router to do the job of
=> router as well as proxy server. This is ruled out since we have a
=> router,
=> then also i am free to experiment.
Hello there,
Well, I would say why do you need a router when you already have linux
which can act as a much better router ( ipchains and forthcoming netfilter).
And since you want two IP's on the same ethernet, you could try out
IP-Aliasing where you can have two different subnets and lotsaa different
IP's. Check out the IP-Aliasing-mini-HOWTO. Of course I have seen that
IP-Aliasing has some problems when you have a switch. Well, I had some
problems when I did the same.

But as alwaya I maybe wrong. ;-)

Happy Linuxing.........

Regards
	Khader

--
Syed Khader Vali              sidcarter@xxxxxxx      (GPG:1024D/8C48BE8B)
Key fingerprint = A910 EEB2 6D60 DCEF 4C2B  0AC0 AB71 C428 8C48 BE8B

Assosciate Technical Executive
Bangalore, India                  +91(40)211901 +91(40)211933