[LI] KPPP

I installed Linux RH6.0 on a new hdd

KPPP fails every time saying that the PPP daemon did a timeout and died
unexpectedly.
The modem terminates on a SIGHUP.
Diagnosis says that the pppd on my side waied and did a timeout before the
other side (cal.vsnl) could respond.
Otherwise the authetication phase runs right throught ie I am getting the
final ~ to the  Expect ~ script line.

Able to connect via Win
Need this urgently to get me back on the web via linux

TIA
Shourya

Shourya Sarcar
Student
Jadavpur University
Calcutta
India 700032

Email :  sarcar@xxxxxxxx
Phone:  91-33-4710477
Residence : 364/3 Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Road
                            Calcutta , India 700 047