[LI] FWD: [PLUG-Mail] Problem in SAMBA

>===== Original Message From plug-mail@xxxxxxxxxxx =====
Hai all,

My samba daemon behaves indifferently. The problem is like this.

When I start the Samba daemon it start without any errors. (I have not
touched the configuration file at all)
But, when I see the process its not reflecting ,and the Windows Machines
are not able to authenticate to the Server.

When I check the status by typing 'samba status'
First time it says  "smbd running"
                                "nmbd running"

Second time says "smbd stopped"
                               "nmbd running"

Third time says     "smbd stopped"
                                "nmbd stopped"

Fourth time says " smbd running"
                              "nmbd stopped"

Note: ( Each time it show different process id)

I even restarted the Server  and Samba starts and finally the problem
persists.

What is this problem, please comment.

Thanks,
Ganeshh