[LI] Problem mounting exported directory/fs

Hi:

So far (till two days ago) I was happy  mounting my home directory
exported from Linux server on my desktop (also Linux).
There is nothing changed on server.
I added a disk on my desktop PC so eddited /etc/fstab (added an entry
relevant to new disk). and created a new mount point (directory) on "/"

I don't know how this has anything to do with the error I am having..

Now, when I try to mount remote directory it returns:
mount: RPC: Unable to receive; errno = Connection refused

What could have gone wrong?

thanks

shirish