[LI] X in debian...

Greetings to one and all... and apologies for this long mail.

I am new to Debian and i managed to install it without much difficulty -
though i am not sure if i got everything right.

I installed Debian 2.0 and realised, the default Xfree86 version does
not have my card listed. I upgraded the Xfree86 version to 3.3.5 and i
was able to choose my card. I ran Xf86config and positively answered for
all queries.

Now when i startx i get the following error...
"
/usr/X11R6/bin/X:error in loading shared libraries
: undefined symbol: __register_frame_info
-X11 TransSocketUNIXConnect : Cant connect : errno = 2
(6 times)
giving up
Xinit : No such File or directory (errno = 2) : Unable to connect to X
server
Xinit : No such process (errno = 3) : server error
"

I am not able to fix it - i am not able to identify the config error.

Any help in this regard will be appreciated...

Thank you
Deivanayak T Balakrishnan.