Re: [LI] Magellan ( Outlook for Linux ?? ) by KDE

On Mon, Oct 11, 1999 at 01:47:13PM +0530, Syed Khader Vali wrote:
> Hi there,
> Check this out.
> A complete messaging Client from KDE ( for 2.0 )
>
> http://www.kdeforum.org/news/Stuff/magellan/
>
> I guess this might be for Linux what outlook is to windoze

The screenshots look good, but I'd wait for the code. I'm a little
skeptical about not publicly developed, mysterious pieces of
code that tend to surface once in a while.

I saw kmail/kmail2 advocates trying to claim that kmail already has all
the features that magellan claims to have.

For all the OE5 wannabes, there is no easy way.

<step-on-the-pulpit hat=preacher>

If you want a good mail client, pick the one that you think has the best
chance and contribute.

The contribution doesn't necessarily have to come in form of code, but
can also be graphics or bug reports.

How many of you have downloaded, compiled and looked around the code in
kmail/balsa/xfmail or whatever ?

</step down>

	-Arun