Re: [LI] PLIP

    >> - It probably needs a kernel recompile.  The PLIP mini-HOWTO
    >> has the details.

    Kumar> Nope, plip module comes along with all standard modules. so
    Kumar> 'insmod plip' should do the job

It's not just PLIP, in order to use it you have to ensure that lp is a
module too.  I'm too lazy to check, but if you say it works out of the
box, it's fine by me.

    >>  - It's a CPU hog (from my own experience).

    Kumar> Strange, I did not had that :-!

Hmm, did you try transferring a 15MB file from a PII/300 to a 486/66?
Do, and you'll find out soon what CPU hog means :-)

    Kumar> Thanks -Chetan S

Regards,

-- Raju