Re: [LI] extracting images from a ps file

hi Tushar,
if you are ready to get your hands dirty you can extract all the EPS or PS
figures in your postscript file. I have not idea how to do it if you have
any other format. Here goes,

open the PS file in any text editor, prefereablt something like emacs.
and start hunting for begin EPS headers they are cleanly marked with
comments beginning with %. I have used this method to extract figures for
a professor of mine and it works. All you have to do is to find the
markers saying

% Begin Document EPS or some such thing.

the block ends with a showpage command. simply save this region in another
file, and you will be able to use this image as a postscript image
seperately.

No quality loss.

Hope that helps

samir