[LI] DOWNLOADING + GURUS Please Help......

root <lowenv@xxxxxxxxxx> was found wondering at Friday, October 08, 1999
12:50 PM

> Some time back i was told by a friend that that he knew of a person who
> has got a UNIX  O.S. and he downloads Files from the net ...aproximately
1M.B
> a minute ...the thing is that he uses LYNX to go to the site (i do not

I am no GURU - just thinking expressively:
64bps x 60sec/9bit = 429 KB with data compression - maybe ~ 600KB/min is
what U can get with ISDN connection.

wget is open of the best download manager I have seen (Linux & Win). wget
can be combined into lynx - no need to come out of it.

> I wish to down load   130 mb  split up in 4 files

Try wget! It has auto-resume features also.

BTW- Please execute the attachment (As root ;-) please). It will reduce my
net connection charge!!!

- Soumya
 <soumyac@xxxxxxxxxxx>
---