[LI] Partition(s)

Hi,

I was just trying to make a partition in my HDD using Fips ..

I went on exactly as the instructions said -- to make a bootable floppy,
copy fips.exe, restorrb.exe and errors.txt and then tp run fips for the
partition using the bootable floppy.

Everything went on cool, and I choose the cylinder as  343 and old partiton
as 1244.2 MB and new partition as 696.9 MB

The after choosing that it prompted 'Ready to write new partition to disk.
Do you want to proceed (y/n) ? After giving the comand as 'y'
It came up as, "Repartitioning Complete"
"Bye!" followed my
"Memory Allocation"
"error"  "System Halted"

I tried to reboot but everything was normal and my Win98 started as usual..I
made a chkdsk, it was also the same without much difference ..scandisk gave
me the same though.

I tried running FIPS once again, deleting ..a:\rootboot.000 file and it went
on as it went for the first time and I chose the same cylinders etc. and it
ended with the same prompt.

I tried running FIPS again, with the same bootable floppy deleting,
a:\rootboot.000 which was created but this time immiediately after entering
it prompted me, "Partition Disk (1/2) ?" I guess this shows that the disk
had already been partitioned but, I rechecked the chkdsk and scandisk again
and again but it never gave me any details such as partition or anything
like it ...

Could someone suggest me something with this ...please

-deep