[LI] Download in Lynx

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 12:50:16 +0530
> From: root <lowenv@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [LI] DOWNLOADING + GURUS Please Help......
>
> Some time back i was told by a friend that      that he knew of a person who
> has got a UNIX  O.S. and he downloads Files from the net ...aproximately  1M.B
> a minute ...the thing is that he uses LYNX to go to the site (i do not know
> how)  after getting the address of the file to be down loaded he comes out of
> LYNX and he goes to the Unix promt and gives a UNIX download command (please
> let me know how this is done)
> I wish to down load   130 mb  split up in 4 files
> regards
> self

Lynx is text based browser.  It will be a little faster than Netscape
etc. His net connection itself would have to be fast, I can't think so
much of difference between Lynx and NS speed. Look at the Menu at the
bottom of when you start. In general you `G'o to a URL site and select
the item and press D for `D'ownload. I don't know if it splits etc. you
got to `split' it later!
Ashok
(look for `man'uals!)