Re: [LI] Japanese suport

DIPAK proclaimed:
> I want my redhat linux to support Japanese languages also apart from
> english. I am running official redhat 5.2 english version.
>
> If anybody has used multilingual  linux, please inform me about it's
> installation.

Depends on what you mean by multilingual Linux support.  I run a system
where users routinely view and edit japanese, korean and chinese documents
(mostly HTML).

Here is what you typically need:

* Fonts.  Don't know how it is in RH.  But these intl. fonts are part of
the Debian distribution.

* Terminals.  I use kterm (Kanji Term) for Japanese, cxterm for Chinese and
hanterm for Korean.

* Editor.  The best international editing support that I have seen is in
emacs.  Install the mule-canna capable version of emacs.  Note that emacs
is not neccesarily an easy to use editor.  Though international versions of
vim are available the problem with them is that you have to compile each
version seperately.

Here are some cool URLs:

http://tlug.linux.or.jp/~craigoda/writings/linux-nihongo/ (Note:  All the
info here is in English.  Most pages on this topic you usually find are in
the local language and hence difficult to comprehend for someone who does
not speak the language)

http://www.debian.or.jp/DebianJP.html

Thaths
--
"What's so special about this game anyway? It's just another chapter in
the pointless rivalry between Springfield and Shelbyville. They built a