[LI] X server in SVGA mode for Macronix MX86200 based PCI VGA card

Hi,

I am Archan Paul, a LINUX fan and kernel module developer from Calcutta.
Months ago, I purchased a MX86200 chipset based PCI VGA card for my PC. This
card is not detected automatically by the RH5.2/6 Linux distribution. So,
currently I am bound to use Xwindows in VGA16 mode.

Can anyone help me to get the XF86_SVGA server for MX86200 compatible
chipsets (manufactured by Macronix) or to customise the existing one to work
with it?

If I configure the chipset as "generic", then the XF86_SVGA server works in
8/16bpp mode but the display becomes 320x200. Can anyone provide me the
explanation, why the XF86_SVGA server works with that resolution when the
chipset is configured as "generic"???

Thanking you
Archan Paul
email - archanp@xxxxxxxxxxx
url - www.bigfoot.com/~archanp

ps. is there anyone interested in LINUX kernel modules? take a look at the
LINUX page of my website.