Re: [LI] Is DLink Modem compatible with Linux

On Wed, Oct 06, 1999 at 04:45:15AM +0530, Ritesh Shah wrote:
> Hi Syed
> actually internal modems are not successful in india, i.e it will not last
> longer with windows 95 also
Hi there,
I was actually talking about internal modems in India only . One of the founder
members of ILUG-HYD has been using an internal modem and is still using an
internal modem on Linux. Mr.venkat of ILUG-HYD again is using an internal
modem. I have installed an internel modem in LInux without any problem. The only
catch with internal modems is that they should have the jumper settins on the
board so that they can work in Linux using isapnptools.
I dunno much about the usablity of PCI internal modems in Linux.
Anyone with pointers here ???

Regards
	Khader