From: "Bera, Kousik" <kousik.bera@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <linux-india@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LI] Linux Mandrake 6.0 from IT CD :-(
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 21:18:40 +0530

Hello All,
I don't know how Linux Mandrake 6.0 installs on Win95/Win98 without
repartitioning.. but I couldn't install it on the FAT partition(/dev/hda5;
/dev/hda1 is NTFS - NT partition)of my PC. This is  because the Mandrake
directory(equivalent to Redhat in RH installation CD)is under /mnt/cdrom/Linux, not directly under /mnt/cdrom (i.e. not under root directory of the CD).. so it doesn't boot automatically plus when I tell the install script to install from the CD.. it can't find the Mandrake directory(containing the base image + RPM)
in /mnt/cdrom.
Does anyone have any workaround for this problem?
I know that, I can choose for a FTP/SMB/NFS/hard drive install but that would be