Re: [LI] A few ideas

> How about making it application-specific, e.g. Office utilities
> (intranets, word processing, Samba, etc), Internet (IPchains,
> web/proxy serving, etc), Mathematics and modelling (whatever),
> recreation, etc?

I'd see a problem here - too many apps! (Remember the days when they said
that there are no apps for Linux? ;-)

The idea behind my suggestion was to create the awareness of Linux usage
potential in those areas, rather than leaving it to someone to figure out
that Linux as a proxy server running squid could mean nirvana for his
Corporate LAN/WAN. The point of creating focus areas like this (which
aren't really vertical!) is to throw open the doors to bigger things.

People have been trying the "check out this neat app" routine for a while
- I think we need to try something different for a change. Besides,
imagine the potential for stall decoration for each sub-theme! ;-) (Did I
hear a groan from the PCQ financial department? ;-)

Atul