[LI] installing popserver on my Linux box

** Proprietary **

Hi all,

I have a Red hat 5.2 installation with mail server, ftp server
etc.,

Mail with pine interface works fine.

I tried to install popserver (qpopper) and the installation
process does not return any errors.  In the inetd.conf file I
have included the following line:

pop-3 stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd in.qpopper

Still when I telnet to port 110 , I get "Connection closed by
foreign host"

The accompanying authorisation program "popauth" also
gets installed without showing any errors.  But on executing,
gives " Segmentation fault (core dumped)" error.

Any pointers?

Apart from qpopper from Qualcomm, are there any other
Popservers for Linux?

thanks in advance,

Shashidhar