[LI] KPPP & modem problem

Hi,
    I have setup my modem on ttyS1(com2). when I select CONNECT from the kpp
it first displays MODEM READY and then 'Setting Speaker Volume' comes up and
then after some time say modem time out and does not connect.
I have Checked the modem, it works perfectly at other places, what may be
problem.
In setup I have checked the modem with QUERY Modem Option, and it worked
perfectly

PLEASE HELP

TIA

- -NITIN .S