Re: [LI] Network Problem

> Hi Amit,
>
> First confirm whether the interfaces are up on both the machines. ifconfig
> should display that. If they are up then ping to the localhost and see
> whether you can get the response or no. If these two steps are O.K, then
> your cards are configured properly, otherwise there is a problem with your
> configuration.
>
> Sunil Sarat

Yes Sunil ifconfig says the interfaces are up and i'm also able to ping
hosts using their IPs. But not from one host to another. It is the strangest
thing. The LEDs on the adaptor say that the line is up. The cable has been
checked on two other computers...it worked fine over there. The OS does not
complain about the cards.

The off network test says everything is fine. But the on network
(initiator-responder) test does not starts i.e. the comps. do not see each
other.

Any suggestions! I desperately need em.
Mr. Prakash Shetty can you help me with this. If you remember you suggested
these cards to me (SN3200 from D-link, NE2000 compatible)
thanks
- -amit