Re: [LI] Article in Outlook on Linux (Oct 4, 1999)

- ----- Original Message -----
From: Raj Mathur <raju@xxxxxxx>
To: <linux-india@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <linux-delhi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 1999 7:10 PM
Subject: Re: [LI] Article in Outlook on Linux (Oct 4, 1999)

> Let me contact my high-profile lawyer-type friends first and see what
> they say, if they say a suit doesn't make sense then let's ask for a
> retraction.  If there's any chance of getting a suit through I want to
> go with it, since this statement of theirs has really got my goat.
> It's irresponsible and damaging, not only to you and I but to the
> community as a whole and I hope that we would get some support if we
> went in for legal action.

I think a first step should be to contact the magazine and lodge a protest.
Maybe if you wrote one out and posted it to the list then everyone on the
list can forward it to to outlook mag. ?  I'm just thinking out loud, but as
you said this is not just  a pesonal slight and needs to be put down now
otherwise whats to stop someone else from quoting the article; the printed
word does carry a lot of weight.

sharukh.