Re: [LI] Partition Software

Hi Sudhakar,

When I use Xwindows there is one message showing:-

""gnome -help- browser
No repsonse to the Save yourself command.  The program may slow, stopped or
brocken.  You may wait for it to respond or remove it.""

What is this?  Anything is wrong with the installation?

What kind of hardware do you have?  4GB (2 for windows95 and 2 for Linux)
Which processor and what speed?  Pentium 66 (very old machine)
  How much memory and swap space? 16 MB   Swap space=100 MB.

Please help me.

Anil.

At 11:46 PM 8/19/99 , you wrote:
>paradigm@xxxxxxxx proclaimed:
> > Can anybody send me Partition Magic
>
>Partition Magic is commercial software.  Buy it at your friendly
>neighbourhood software store.
>
> > or FSCK  Hard disk partition software?
>
>fsck is NOT a disk partitioning software.  From the man page:
>
>NAME
>        fsck - check and repair a Linux file system
>
>SYNOPSIS
>        fsck  [  -AVRTNP  ]  [  -s  ] [ -t fstype ] [ fs-options ]
>        filesys [ ... ]
>
>DESCRIPTION
>        fsck is used to check and optionally repair a  Linux  file
>        system.
>
> > I used FIFS for installing Linux but something is wrong with the
> > system.
>
>I am assuming that you mean fips and not fifs.
>
> > It is too slow and GNOME is crashing all the time.
>
>I am almost perfectly sure that these symptoms have nothing to do with the
>partitioning.  What kind of hardware do you have?  Which processor and what
>speed?  How much memory and swap space?

paradigm IT PVT. LTD.
No. 28, McNichol's Road,
Chetpet, Chennai-600 031,
INDIA.
Tel: ++ 91 44   8257907 , ++ 91 44  8212763, ++ 91 44 821 3654
Fax: ++ 91 44  821 0418
Email:  paradigm@xxxxxxxx
Visit us: http://business.vsnl.com/paradigm