Re: [LI] Re: [Linux-India] Dos Client for LINUX server does it exist ?

R Rajendran wrote:

> --
>
> On Fri, 13 Aug 1999 17:40:15   P.M. & Co. wrote:
> >
> >Friends I would like to use LINUX as a server for my Small office
> >setup.  However being primitive, I have not yet migrated to WINdows
> >on all my nodes.  The Node Hardwares are running DOS 6.22 with BOOTroms
> >Hence I would like to know if it is possible to use LINUX as a server
> >and what DOS client should I use for TCP/IP protocols on the node.
> >Also from where it shall be available.

Looks like me.
Yes I am using dos 5.0 on one of my 486. My linux server has samaba. I
can connect to linux in two ways.
1. By NCSA telnet (does not require even hard disk) to linux server and
use ftp for file transfer.
2. By using dos tcp/ip I can map required directories as network drive.
(needs about 1.5 mb of disk space)

Boot rom idea does not appeal to me because the prices of floppy drive
has gone down to around Rs.500. It it gives lot of flexibility too.

- -mukund
http://members.theglobe.com/betacomp/index.htm
http://members.xoom.com/BETACOMP/index1.htm