Re: [LI] Partition Software

paradigm@xxxxxxxx proclaimed:
> Can anybody send me Partition Magic

Partition Magic is commercial software.  Buy it at your friendly
neighbourhood software store.

> or FSCK  Hard disk partition software?

fsck is NOT a disk partitioning software.  From the man page:

NAME
       fsck - check and repair a Linux file system

SYNOPSIS
       fsck  [  -AVRTNP  ]  [  -s  ] [ -t fstype ] [ fs-options ]
       filesys [ ... ]

DESCRIPTION
       fsck is used to check and optionally repair a  Linux  file
       system.

> I used FIFS for installing Linux but something is wrong with the
> system.

I am assuming that you mean fips and not fifs.

> It is too slow and GNOME is crashing all the time.

I am almost perfectly sure that these symptoms have nothing to do with the
partitioning.  What kind of hardware do you have?  Which processor and what
speed?  How much memory and swap space?

Thaths
- --
"Oh Lisa, you and your stories. 'Bart is a vampire', 'Beer kills brain
cells'. Now let us go back to that... building... thinggy where out beds
                   and TV... is" -- Homer J. Simpson
Sudhakar C13n http://people.netscape.com/thaths/ Lead Indentured Slave