Re: [LI] wvdial problems

rahul wrote:

> I've got a problem with wvdial (v 1.2) -- it seems to ignore the settings in my
> etc/ppp/options file. like, I've got the line
> mtu 596
> in it (this is right, isn't it?) but whenever I connect, I get the message
> .....MTU 1500.... etc. . why? And, could that mtu setting be the reason why my
> connects seem so slow?
> Thanks (a lot).

Hello Rahul,
	The MTU u see initially will get re negotiated to 596 once the ppp
interface is up. To check the status of the MTU run ifconfig as root and
check for the MTU value displayed or even better, run iptraf, which is a
network statistic and diagnostic application.

	To diagnose the slow speeds which u r experiencing, I suggest u do a
shell login (using minicom) if possible and do a zmodem download of a
fairly large file (200kb+) and check whether any CRC errors appear. If
they do u have to incr the port speeds.

	Let me know of the result.

Regards,
- -- Shanu