[LI] threads

Hi,

Can anyone give me some on line pointers as to how threads are implemented
in linux. I am aware of the "clone" call, but i'd love to know *how* it is
implemented (architectural comparisons with POSIX or Solaris threads, LWP)
and how different it is from the pthread library (ok, i know pthread is
user level and clone is kernel one, but i want more than that).

TIA,
Sharad.