Re: [LI] Re: IRC/IP Maq problem

> > BTW has RHL 6.0 PCQ CD come out ??
> > I am waiting to grab it ??
>
> PCQ is still waiting for a specific thing to happen. When it does, it will
> release its RHL 6.x CD.
>
> We have to be careful with this one - the last PCQ Linux CD of the century.
> This will be the one you all will be running when the year suddenly gets a
> lot of zeros in it, and your competitor's non-Linux machines stand behind
> the elephant.....
>
> Atul

Could you consider putting Mandrake , since it is almost RH ,
and has numerous enhancements? Also, instead of giving upgrades
in a separate dir , can you do it the Cheapbytes way , so that
the upgraded packages only are on the CD and are installed by
default? I really can't think of any major disadvantage for this.

I do not know how much space you have on monthly CDs, but
if you provide some package, can you please give the source rpm too?
Chip did that in the second CD of their special issue and it
was invaluable when I wanted to look at the source of some util.
I know that on the special CD, it is no longer possible to fit
the SRPMS.  I have Cheapbytes archives, but they get
outdated too soon.

One criticism I have of most CDs (not of PCQ in particular)
is that the HTML files on the
CD refer to filenames in a case sensitive manner. The problem
is that when the CD is mounted in Linux, all the files appear
in lowercase, and the browser cannot open the relavant file.
Since it does not really matter on Windows (or does it),
all filenames should probably be in lowercase, so we can
see the CD on Linux. I particularly find
it troublesome on older Linux machines, which do not
understand joliet or whatever. Or am I doing something wrong?

- - Bhyrav Prasad