[LI] Regarding Server

Hi Linuxers,

   We are using RedHat Linux 5.2. I want to put my Linux Server as Web
Server. In that  I want to put our clients Information (more than 1000
clients are there allover india).

   All clients can enter some data (specific form is there) , and to
see their outstandings information. And one more thing , I want to put
my Web server as local online server also. It was huge database server.

  I want information regarding
   a) which server (Hardware) is sufficient for great
      performance?

   b) Which Operating system is best?
      ( I want Linux is it sufficient)

   c) Which Database is preferrable ?
      ( I have Ingres RDBMS and want to
        shift EMPRESS RDBMS  is it sufficient?)

   d) For Web page hosting (means for client requiremnt
        forms ), which language is best?
      ( Actually I want to take java is it sufficient?)

  If anybody already working on this server , I want to
  see if possible.

  Please somebody help me

  Thank you as advance,

Rgds