[LI] Re: [Linux-India] PIII assembly on Linux

On Sat, Aug 14, 1999 at 02:34:16AM -0500, Prakash Sastry wrote:
> hello all,
> i am trying to implement some PIII xmm instructions on RH6.0. I had
> installed a patch to disable the cpuid and also to enable the simd
> instructions to be recognised by the kernel. The following are the entries
> found in the /proc/cpuinfo

You probably need to upgrade your binutils. On my machine:

$ rpm -qf /usr/bin/as
binutils-2.9.1.0.23-1

$ strings /usr/bin/as | grep movntps
movntps

movntps is a PIII instruction. If you have the right binutils and your
program is still not compiling, then you need to check the syntax and
the names of the PIII registers.

	-Arun