[LI] RE: [Linux-India] IRC/IP Masq problem !

> Services like http,ftp,telnet & ping is working without prob from the
> win machines except for irc. I can connect to irc servers and do normal
> chat but features like dcc send and dcc chat is not functioning. Tried
> various irc clients like mirc and pirch.

That's strange. Our Linux gateway box happily caters to all that to the LAN
users. In fact, I'd be dead in the water while on IRC to
irc.linux.com/#linuxhelp if this wouldn't work (config file xfer,
handholding, etc.).

> According to the howtos, u need to have the ip_masq_irc.o modules loaded
> for dcc to function, which i have done. I have the foll line in
> /etc/modules
> 	ip_masq_irc ports=6667,6668,6669

Hmmm, my /etc/rc.local loads the following on boot (note - Kernel 2.2.11 on
RHL 6.0pcq):

/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_autofw.o
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_cuseeme.o
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_ftp.o
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_irc.o
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_mfw.o
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_portfw.o
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_quake.o
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_raudio.o
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_user.o
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_vdolive.o
/sbin/insmod /usr/local/sbin/modules/ip_masq_icq.o

(Note that the last one is *not* part of RHL - it is a separate module that
enabled ICQ usage via IP Masquerading - you can get it from
http://freshmeat.net/appindex/1999/02/14/919020210.html)

Try loading the modules in the list above and see if it works. If I recall
right, you use Debian, so the actual loading process may be different.

Atul

Atul